“And let us consider and give attentive, continuous care to watching over one another, studying how we may stir up to love and helpful deeds and noble activities."
****Like the new Facebook page
We are so busy. But if we make it habit to help others, our choices become numerous.
I have asked many people to share their ideas on some practical ways they help others. In my spiritual books, I am consistently confronted on ways to help God's children. I want to find creative, loving ways to help incorporate into my everyday of my life.
Here are some of the things I've come across:
- When you are stumped with someone wanting the same parking place. Let go and give it up.
- Once a week check on an elderly neighbor. Take the trash out or mow the lawn.
- Go grocery shopping for families that have become sick.
- Offer transportation to someone for church or doctor appointments.
- Truly listen to someone and STOP intercepting.
- Hold a door open for a stranger.
- Let someone who has fewer items in front of you at the grocery store.
- Babysit for a single parent.
- Invite a person who has limited family in town over for the holidays.
- Send cards/flowers to show you care.
Take this simple list to begin your plan. Make these 10 habits a daily occurrence. Let the Holy Spirit show you more. Doing random things for people is a blessing and an amazing way to share God's love.
This Week's Meditation:
Teach me to "make a habit of helping others."
Help me to meditate each day: "Lord, teach me to incorporate new habits daily to help others."
Teach me to be patient and know you will mentor me. Remind me that prayer motivates me.
Meditate on this for several minutes a day. Allow various thoughts to come into your mind. And realize God has you in his arms always.