1 Peter 2:9
"But you are a chosen race, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, people for his own possession, that you may proclaim the excellencies of him who called you out of darkness into his marvelous light."
During this Christmas season it brings me tremendous
joy to know that I am one of God's chosen people. He fills my soul with warmth
each day, blessing me with all these wonderful people that surround me. But, it
is not just knowing that I am part of the "chosen people" that elates me. What
thrills me is to know I am personally "special" in his eyes! After all, he chose
me as his personal possession, and therefore watches over me with such
diligence, as I would my own treasured items. Knowing this, I am confident he
will pick the right path for me in life; so I hand everything over to
I am always in prayer mode. I pray for family, friends, and you, my
readers, each day. And, like most of you, my prayers may not be answered as I
expect. Yes, as you, I am frustrated and wonder why I waste my time praying so
fervently for these things I can't seem to do without. But, on the other hand, I
do know that God may not answer my prayers as I see fit. That is because
scripture states that he may have a better plan for me even if I can't see it at
the moment. So, never feel your prayers are wasted if you don't receive the
rewards you assumed. Sometimes God doesn't give us what we cry out for because
he knows what is truly needed in our hearts. Pray for peace in your heart when
this happens; God always promises peace. Then further down the pike, when life
looks up again, notice that God had it all planned out from the
1. Fill yourself with the spirit this week. Get up earlier and perform some meditation each morning. Maranatha offers simple lessons on how to get started. Not only will you fill your spirit, but you'll gain better health!
2. Click on YouTube for some delightful Christian music. Or, download some Christian tunes to your IPod. Play these melodies throughout the day. It will fill you spirit and gain you peace.
3. During the holiday season, do ensure you complete your family traditions this week.
Bake cookies together. Try 565 Christmas Cookie Recipes. You may find a family
4. If you have little ones, do check out NORAD Santa. You can track Santa's whereabouts while you sip hot chocolate and decorate the tree on Christmas Eve!
5. If your little ones enjoy decorating and crafts, then Disney's Family Fun is the place to stop to get great craft ideas for the Christmas season.