"So then, as occasion and opportunity open up to us, let us do good to all people...”
Are you feeling a bit cramped and uneasy lately with the spread of COVID-19?
It will come as no surprise to anyone that tempers have short fuses when in contact with other human beings. We feel a lack of empathy at times since we've got to maneuver our own life's barriers. Furthermore, we have not idea when normalcy will return. This can make the best of us uneasy and jittery.
So at this point, it is really easy to concentrate on the little things we can do for others. It will take the onus off ourselves and direct our focus and concentration to everyone around us. It will leave little time to contemplate our own frustrations.
What little things can you do for others throughout the day? Here are a few ideas:
- Try baking a new treat or meal for the family
- Watch over one and other
- Pray for one and other
- Be friendly and hospital even if you don't feel like it
- Be a shoulder to lean on to bear other's faults and weaknesses
- Forgive one and other
- Comfort one and other
- Take a family walk
- Build up and encourage one and other
- Be happy for others when they are blessed
- Believe in the best of one and other
- Meet people's needs
- Complete a family activity you haven't done in ages
- Make a group dinner with all family members completing a dish
- Call and check up on someone you haven't heard from in a while.
- Family Movie Night
This is only a partial list. Love has many faces or many ways it can be seen. This list is relatively simple and will bring a smile to those around you.
This Week's Meditation:
Teach me to "find the little things."
Help me to meditate: I know that the little things in life matter.
Teach me to be patient and know you will mentor me.
Remind me that I need your help first.
Meditate on this for several minutes a day. Allow various thoughts to come into your mind. And realize God has you in his arms always.