1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Or do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, whom you have from God? You are not your own, for you were bought with a price. So glorify God in your body. "
I wonder how many times we actually tune into this message. Often our bodies, our Holy Temples, are treated as an after thought at the end of the day. We take a warm soak to ease tension, but we are completely oblivious to the harm we caused it in the first place. It is not until extreme illness hits that our foundation is so severely shaken, and we are caused to finally reevaluate our lifestyles to submit needed changes.
Yet, this Biblical verse is one of the most important teaching tools in the Bible as a preventative measure. God is constantly speaking to us about the importance of continuing our well-being. Unfortunately, we feel that these bodies will keep going, regardless of how we treat them. These priceless gifts from God can give out when we least expect it, especially if we are not treating them as God intended.
Today is your wake up call. If you are prone to feeling out of sorts, plagued with aches and pains, or feeling fatigued often throughout the day, I challenge you to begin making changes in your daily routine. Believe me when I say, your body has the ability to heal itself. It may not happen overnight, but we have all the necessary tools to keep ourselves running in tip top shape if we take the time to implement a few strategies.
I was amazed to find one church is taking this Biblical verse literally, Saddleback Church, with Pastor Rick has implemented The Daniel Plan. This plan focuses not only on healthy eating and exercise, but the importance of being part of a support group. God did not want us to keep these temples healthy alone! He knows we are creatures of habit, and one human habit is the need for companionship. Reach out to others when you begin your move towards a healthy lifestyle. Friends challenge you, pushing you towards your brink. From time to time, I will include lessons on healthy lifestyle. Today, begin with The Daniel Plan and sign up by creating Your Health Profile. Work through the site and utilize many valuable tools. Just get started today before it's too late!
1. Begin by logging onto The Daniel Plan and learning strategic lifestyle changes to promote a healthier lifestyle.
2. Take time TODAY to clean out your pantry of all types of process foods. If you can't pronounce it, don't save it.
3. Learn to read food labels. Dr. Mark Hyman offers a brief article helping you make better food choices.
4. Learn how to navigate your grocery store to buy "The Good Stuff."
5. Learn how to navigate your grocery store by keeping away from "The Bad Stuff."
6. Print out the Good Foods Shopping List.
7. Take back control of your health, and keep your children fit and healthy!