"And the Lord spoke to Moses and Aaron, saying to them, “Speak to the people of Israel, saying, These are the living things that you may eat among all the animals that are on the earth. Whatever parts the hoof and is cloven-footed and chews the cud, among the animals, you may eat. Nevertheless, among those that chew the cud or part the hoof, you shall not eat these: The camel, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you. And the rock badger, because it chews the cud but does not part the hoof, is unclean to you"
The Bible is a wealth of information when it comes to dietary guidelines. How
are you feeling today as you read this message? Are you inundated with fatigue,
anxiety, and riddled with aches and pains? Hypocrites stated, “Let food be thy
medicine” prompting all to take a good look at all we ingest each day. Unfortunately, we are surrounded with choices that taste fantastic, but put our health at risk. Such simple measures are all it takes to put our well-being back on the fast track. But, these do not include foods that are quickly processed to make our lives easier letting us out of the kitchen in record time to do things we feel are more important. Preparation of food is love, and love is important.
By implementing a few new choices each week, you’re weight will drop, and your
attitude will soar! Try implementing these strategies over the next several weeks and take stock in your health.
* Give up fast food (brown bag it to work)
* Get yourself a juicer and begin juicing in the morning
* Drag out your blender and begin making smoothies in the afternoon
* Eat one salad a day
* Learn to visit your health food store each week scouring for specials. Or visit my favorite site - Puritan Pride for great vitamin and food specials.
* Read Leviticus in your Bible and look at God's preferred dietary plan.
* Look for and buy minimally processed meats. Be on the lookout for labels that proclaim natural or organic meats.
* Take it one step further and read Eat Right for Your Type or plug your blood type into Dr. Liam's site.
God sets forth an easy plan to invest in our future. Through a few dietary changes, we can add years to our lives full of health and vigor. Don't get caught up in the advertising market today prompting us to buy products that are laden with chemicals and by-products. Make food choices and preparation a priority in your life. Most importantly, offer these simple gifts to your children so that they won't have to do battle with their health and weight when they begin raising their own families.